The growth and success of the human race can be attributed to the ability to be able to communicate and connect through the power of various languages. We transfer large amounts of data through the spoken and written word. Our choice of words, tonality, and style further adds more information. Interpreting what we say and how we say even helps in understanding and predicting human behaviour. A person, in their lifetime, creates a large amount of data through exchanging their thoughts through language. To analyze this vast data, we need digital intervention.
This is where Natural Language Processing (NLP) enters the scene. Data generated through conversations, discussions, or even social media posts are unstructured, something that cannot be neatly tabulated through traditional tools. The revolution in Machine Learning allows computers to unlock the power of language using NLP.
Natural language processing enables machines to understand and interpret meaning from human languages. At the intersection of data science and human language, NLP is a fast-growing field of computer science. As data accessibility increases, so do the development application of the field.
AI Blitz 9 ⚡️Hello NLP is all about exciting problems in Natural Language Processing!
If you want to learn NLP and tackle problems in real-time, this is the challenge for you! With easy-to-understand starter code-kits and active troubleshooting by the AIcrowd community, you can make your first submission in 15-minutes. In true Blitz fashion, we have a cash prize pool worth $400 USD.
Are you ready to say Hello to NLP?
Challenges in Blitz 9
1. Emotion Detection: Classify emotions from the text.
2. Research Paper Classification: Multi-class classification problem
3. Text Deshuffling: Unscramble shuffled text
4. NLP Feature Engineering: Identify important features in a text
5. Sound Prediction: Predict text from sound clips
WHAT'S AI BLITZ ⚡️ ALL ABOUT?
AI Blitz⚡ puzzles are designed to help beginners get started in their Machine Learning journey. If you’ve been wanting to learn and hone your ML skills, this is the challenge for you! With easy-to-understand example solutions.
- Start Time: 9th June 2021 | 11:30 PM UTC
- End Time: 30th June 2021 | 11:30 PM UTC
- Duration: 21 days/3 weeks
- Each problem has an associated weight. This weight denotes the problem’s contribution to your final score.
- The final leaderboard is calculated by the weighted mean of your rank across all the problems in the contest. If a problem is not attempted by the participant, his/her rank in that problem is denoted by the total number of participants in the whole challenge.
- To help you "Get Started" we have a starter kit available for each of these problems. We hope they are helpful; if you find any bugs, typos, or improvements, please send us a pull request.
- In case you have any queries, please reach out to us via the Discussion Forums.
- Leaderboard 1st Place: $100
- Leaderboard 2nd Place: $100
- Community Contribution: 2 x $100
AI Blitz⚡#9 is open to everyone who is interested in diving into the world of Data sciences - students, professionals or researchers. With problems of varying difficulty, we try to ensure that there is something for everyone. For eligibility on prizes please read the rules of the challenge.
Contributors: Rabiul Islam
Interested in helping us out in the next iteration of this competition? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in sponsoring AI Blitz in the next iteration of this competition? Please send an email to email@example.com.
Autocorrect on sound files prediction
Different methods in NLP feature Engineering
UPDATE2: Solution for NLP Feature Engineering LB: 0.803
By Over 1 year ago