AI BLITZ ⚡️ Community
Hi! Welcome to the Community edition of AI Blitz
This challenge presents you the quickest and the most effective way to get started in the world of AI and in the process, win some pretty cool prizes! 😉
There are 5 puzzles - each designed to be incrementally hard. If you start with the 1st and go through making submissions for all 5, we promise you, you will know a lot more about Computer vision and AI models than you probably did before!
On top of that, Top 5% participants from your community will also win a 6-month free Spotify subscription from AIcrowd!!
👋 Welcoming the AI Blitz Community partners
For this AI Blitz, we are very excited to partner with some of the best college communities working towards making AI accessible for all.
Please don't forget to update your affiliation to be eligible for the Spotify prize! If you are confused, do reach out to your community co-ordinator.
These are the affiliations that will be eligible for the prizes:
To update your affiliation: Go here and click on 'Edit profile'. Under Affiliation, put in your community name from above that applies to you. 🙌
And now, you are eligible for the prize! 🎉
AI BLITZ ⚡️ Community cHALLENGE IS ALL ABOUT CHESS! 5 AI PUZZLES, 1 WEEK!
Chess and AI have an old friendship. One of the goals of early computer scientists was to create a chess-playing machine. In 1997, Deep Blue, a chess-playing computer, made history by defeating reigning World Champion Garry Kasparov in a match. The intertwined relation of chess and AI has influenced significant innovation in both these fields. This is why we decided that AI Blitz ⚡️ Community Challenge will be all about Chess and AI!
Don’t worry, you don't need to be a pro chessplayer to tackle these AI puzzles. We will provide you with the necessary tools and resources to tackle every single challenge.
Chess is a strategy game involving no hidden information. It is played on a square chessboard with 64 squares arranged in an eight-by-eight grid. Both the players get control over sixteen pieces: one king, one queen, two rooks, two knights, two bishops and eight pawns. Each of these pieces has a specific set of moves. The game’s object is to checkmate the opponent's king, whereby the king is under immediate attack. You’ll be using Computer Vision to analyze chessboard, predict win chances and even transcribe videos of chess matches! Are you game? ♜
HERE'S A SNEAK PEEK OF AI PUZZLES IN AI Blitz ⚡️ Community Challenge
- Chess Pieces: Identify which side has the least players
- Chess Points: Predict the side with the highest points.
- Chess Configuration: Predict chessboard configuration from an image
- Chess Transcription: Predict moves of a chess piece from a video snippet
- Chess Win Prediction: Predict the winner through prior chess moves
WHAT'S AI BLITZ ⚡️ ALL ABOUT?
AI Blitz⚡ puzzles are designed to help beginners get started in their Machine Learning journey. If you’ve been wanting to learn and hone your ML skills, this is the challenge for you! With easy-to-understand example solutions, you can make your first submission in less than 10 minutes!
This edition of AI Blitz ⚡️ brings you a collection of Computer Vision puzzles. We wanted to guide your AI learnings in a structured way therefore, we have arranged all five Blitz puzzles in ascending order of complexity.
So, let's get started! 🚀
🎥 In case you are a fan of videos, you can check out the getting started videos here.
- Start Time: 12:00 PM IST 6th April 2021
- End Time: 4:00 PM IST 13th April 2021
- Duration: 7 days/1 week
- Each problem has an associated weight. This weight denotes the problem’s contribution to your final score.
- The final leaderboard is calculated by the weighted mean of your rank across all the problems in the contest. If a problem is not attempted by the participant, his/her rank in that problem is denoted by the total number of participants in the whole challenge.
- To help you "Get Started" we have a starter kit available for each of these problems. We hope they are helpful; if you find any bugs, typos, or improvements, please send us a pull request.
- In case you have any queries, please reach out to us via the Discussion Forums.
- Top 5 percentile of participants on each Community leaderboard will receive 6-months of free Spotify subscriptions
Contributors: Rabiul Islam