1. Challenge description
- Introducing AIcrowd Blitz, a 15 day competition for all ML/AI enthusiasts. We at AIcrowd believe in learning by solving ; so here we present you a set of 5 problems with varying difficulties. Take your time, understand the problem and solve it at your own pace, and do not forget to learn while you’re at it. (from Aicrowd website).
- Each problem will have a separate leaderboard and an associated weight. This weight denotes the problem’s contribution to your final score.. The final leaderboard will be determined by the weighted mean of the ranks of a participant/team across all the individual leaderboards. The organizers reserve the right to change the weight of a problem during the competition.
- The final leaderboard is calculated by the weighted mean of your rank across all the problems in the contest. If a problem is not attempted by the participant, his/her rank in that problem is denoted by the total number of participants in the whole challenge.
- To help you "Get Started" we have a starter kit available for each of these problems. We hope they are helpful; if you find any bugs, typos, or improvements, please send us a pull request.
- In case you have any queries, please reach out to us via the Discussion Forums
- This Challenge will be run in accordance to these Official Rules ( "Rules")
2. Challenge start and end dates
Start date: 2:30 UTC 10th July
End date: 2:30 UTC 25th July
Duration: 15 days
AIcrowd Blitz is open to all individuals, regardless of their age. Having included problems of varying difficulty, Aicrowd Blitz has for its purpose providing education and the encouragement of updating one's knowledge.
4. Entry method
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CHALLENGE. PLUS DESCRIPTION OF THE ENTRY METHOD AND CLARIFICATION IF THERE ARE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE.
- Description of the prizes. Also a description of the notification(about winning prizes)method.
- To be eligible for the prizes, participants will have to release the code to their solutions under an open source license of their choice. The submitted code is expected to be reproducible, and to produce the same score on the leaderboard. (Not sure about the technical part)
- The winning participants will have to provide a valid and unexpired ID card or passport which AIcrowd will use only for the purpose of verifying the individual's identity in case of transferring the cash prize and for internal record keeping.
- Any and all prize(s) is(are) nontransferable. All taxes, fees and expenses associated with participation in the Challenge or receipt and use of a prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner(s). No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for AIcrowd to use winner’s name, likeness, and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- The participation of AIcrowd employees and its affiliates, parents, agents, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies and members of the immediate family (parents, children or siblings) of these employees or any person with whom they are domiciled, are permitted to participate in the challenge but will not be eligible to win the cash prize.
- AIcrowd reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Challenge or website or violates these Rules.
- In case a participant is building upon code from sources that are not owned by the participant, the participant is required to clearly attribute the sources. Failing which, the violating submissions, participants, teams will be disqualified.
- Any use of external public dataset is not allowed, participants should use the datasets made available by the AIcrowd for the purpose of training and testing their model.
- Winners code should be able to reproduce the score on the leaderboard , failing which he gets disqualified.
7. Additional Terms and Conditions
- The organizer reserves the right to amend the Rules and timeine without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
- In case of conflicts, the decision of the Organizers will be final and binding.
- Violation of the rules or other unfair activity may result in disqualification.
- By participating in the Challenge, each Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Challenge, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; and under no circumstances will a Participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages.
- Any resources (datasets, baselines, etc) released as a part of AIcrowd Blitz can be used outside of the platform as long as a clear attribution is made to Aicrowd Blitz.